MediaMatters constantly searches for startups and scale-ups that are relevant for media companies and puts them in a database. Twice a year, MediaMatters organizes an event (the MatchMaking Days) in which Dutch media companies and startups can meet and investigate whether they want to work together. We also help sharpen the proposition and challenges of startups and media companies. In the case of a match, startups and media companies will co-operate for a month, with guidance and coaching from MediaMatters.
MediaMatters also organizes events for international partners in different formats. on April 20 2018 we did a speed dating event with startups for MINDS International, a association of international news agencies. On September 18 2018 we do a speed dating event with startups at the IBC in Amsterdam, and on October 26 we do a similar event for Belgian media companies.
• Continuous scouting of relevant startups and scale-ups
• Formulating challenges of media companies
• Executive board session
• Possibility for targeted search
• Organization of matchmaking and speed dating events
• Organizing call for application of startups
• Selection of startups for events
• Final pitch en selection for matches by media companies
• Coaching and guidance of matches and start of cooperation
• One on one linking between startups and media companies outside program
• Enterprise accelerator (search and growth)
• Masterclasses for media companies
• Collaboration program after matchmaking