NPO 3FM invites all ambitious Audio Visual companies to join this pitch for a new Live Music Platform! Do you have a brilliant idea to build an all-in-one platform voor radio, online en video, which represents a futuristic approach? NPO 3FM, a public radio station in The Netherlands, is looking for
new, innovative ways to visualize live music performances in the studio.
The NPO 3FM Challenge
NPO 3FM, a public radio station in The Netherlands, is looking for new, innovative ways to visualize live music performances in the studio. The radiostation calls on startups, scale-ups and innovative SMEs to come up with new solutions for the NPO 3FM Live Box. They should enhance the experience for listeners and performing artists. NPO 3FM wants to set the tone when it comes to live recordings and make audiences and artists more appreciative of this content.
NPO 3FM welcomes all innovative and creative solutions, including those that use AR, to enable new ways of visualization. The submitted solution should make performances feel dynamic, authentic and attractive for performers and audience, and appealing to share.
• professional cameras and studio lightning (either provided by participating
company or by NPO 3FM on the basis of provided specs)
• the technical setup must fit in the existing live studio (12 x 5 metres, but with a round curve in the back. The height of the studio is 3 metres. Total floor space approximately 40 m²)
• simple user interface, no specific technical skills needed for operation
• can be operated by one person if needed
• also suitable for interviews, stand-ups, and other uses like quizzes
• no complete 'green screen' solutions
Just a few examples of what we are thinking about:
- using different settings on the basis of templates: video
- include callers or artist interviews via zoom in the broadcast: video
- create an 'extended' studio with infinite depth
You can submit your solution until Monday January 10, 2022. Joint proposals are possible. In January we will select 5 submitters to pitch their solution to NPO 3FM and NPO Innovation. The winner will be awarded € 35.000 to do a pilot at the radio station. If successful, this can lead to a long-term contract.
About NPO 3FM:
NPO 3FM attracts a young audience (18-39 years old) looking for the latest music from pop to rock and from dance to hip-hop. The radio station pays special attention to Dutch artists and emerging talent. NPO 3FM is a partner of many major concerts and festivals. The listeners have an average income and are mostly highly educated.
About NPO Innovation:
NPO Innovation stimulates and facilitates innovation projects at the national public broadcasters and NPO organization. It facilitates startups, scale-ups and other companies in the media industry in setting up partnerships within the public broadcasting domain.